WordCamp Kochi 2017, the first WordCamp Event to be conducted in South India was held at Udyan Convention Center, Cochin on February 19, 2017.
As a few of my readers might know, I’m an old time blogger who started blogging in 2010 and got silent for almost 3 to 4 years in between. I’m on a mission to bring back the blog to whatever glory it had in the past and so I hope to blog more here.
Ever since I came to know about the event through my friends in the BarCamp Kerala Community, I made it a mental note for attending the same and went ahead to buy tickets for the same.
For those who don’t know:
WordCamp is a conference about all things WordPress. A community organised event, WordCamp Kochi brings together artists, bloggers, designers, entrepreneurs, software professionals, and web developers, from India, and all across the world.
The event was really amazing and I came to know about the inspiring activities done by the WordPress Community in Cochin. You can check out the detailed schedule of WordCamp Kochi here.
If I’m supposed to pick my favourite sessions from the event, they would be
- “Changing the Rules: Thoughts on Remote Work” by Daphnée Laforest – where we got an idea of how Remote Working Companies actually work
- “Why local WordPress communities are important?” by Hardeep Asrani – where he spoke about why the local WordPress communities are important, and how it could help people learning more and share what they learn.
- “Handling clients, the human way!” by Vivek Jain – where he spoke gave a few tips on how to handle our clients in a better way.
- “Demonetisation for Developers, How Technology Heals the Digital Divide” by Keerthana Krishnan – where she spoke about the demonetization Earth Quake which shook the country and it’s impact on the digital scenario in India.
- Hacking for humanity with WordPress by Yogesh Londhe. – where he spoke about using technology hacks to do good to the society.
Hats off to Bigul, Hari, and other organisers who pulled off such an amazing event in Cochin.
For the time being, have a look at some pics from the event.
Overall, it was an amazing day and I got to meet a lot of people and build my network, from now on, I also hope to be part of the WordPress Community in Cochin and let’s see how it goes.